TwinsTalkStocks, 8 year old twins Ashay Jorel & Devin Kalel, think Dreamworks Animation (DWA) told a great story in Q4.
DWA is up about 10% after-hours.
DWA had its best top-line results in 11 years and its highest revenue growth in 8 yeas. It had its best quarter in our lifetime!
The estimate was 15 cents. It earned 55 cents, more than 3 times the consensus estimate!
In 1994, 21 years ago, Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen formed Dreamworks SKG. The “SKG” stands for their last names: Spielberg, Katzenberg and Geffen.
The animation division was spun off in 2004. DWA started trading 11 years. We have owned the stock since we were born.
It has released 32 feature films starting with Antz in 1998. Shrek 2 is its highest grossing film with a worldwide box office of $920 million.
Other movies that have grossed over $500 million box office:
* Madagascar ($533M) (2005)
* Shrek the Third ($799M) (2007)
* Kung Fu Panda ($632M) (2008)
* Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa ($632M) (2008)
* Shrek Forever After ($753M) (2010)
* Kung Fu Panda 2 ($665M) (2011)
* Puss In Boots ($555M) (2011)
* Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted ($747M) (2012)
* The Croods ($587M) (2013)
* How to Train Your Dragon 2 ($621M) (2014)
Other movies in the pipeline which implies a prosperous future include:
* The Croods 2
* How to Train Your Dragon 3
* Captain Underpants (which could spawn a new successful franchise)
* Mumbai Musical
* Puss in Boots 2: Nine Lives & 40 Thieves
* Madagascar 4
Their TV specials and deal with Netflix to deliver original programming for its established characters has helped deliver sustainable revenue between its movie releases.